Re: TRIN / TICK

Hi Gerald,

TRIN is the advance/decline ratio divided by the advance volume/decline
volume ratio: ie

((# of Advancing issues / # of declining issues)/(advancing
volume/declining volume))

Most of the data services supply the NYSE and/or Nasdaq TRIN and TRICK
as a symbol either TRIN or $TRIN and TICK or $TICK. TS usually is
looking for the $.  The data can be treated just like any other symbol
and can be imported to a TS chart.

See http://www.investopedia.com/articles/technical/02/102202.asp for a
good explanation of the TRIN.

The TICK or $TICK is the summary of the number of stocks on the
NYSE/Nasdaq that are increasing in price versus those that are
decreasing in price from the previous price quote.

See http://www.smartmoney.com/options/index.cfm?story=sfo-music for a
much better explanation and info on how one trader uses it.

For a single stock symbol you would need to do the same calculations
based on the underling math behind the TRIN and/or TICK.

I would start by looking at something like the TS 'Advance-Decline
Ratio(Indicator)' and 'Volume Down(Indicator)' and 'Volume
Up(Indicator)' to see IF it could be done.  And test and test and test
and.....

Larry

(Sorry about that Gerald - I sent my reply to your address instead of
the list)