Re: Data Lag with TS 2000i

Hi Larry,

I have two real time feeds from e-signal. One chart diminishes, but does not resolve the lag.
I have no e-mail program on the TS computer and have checked it for addware and viruses. The card swap
sounds like a great idea, although I have lag on the P4 as well. I'm currently testing additional computers with other graphics cards.

Thanks for your constructive advice, it is appreciated.

Good Trading

Couple of questions;

You indicate that that you have real time data running on a different
charting software package - how is the real time data getting to TS? Are you running two real time feeds? If so, are both feeds from the
same provider?

Your video cards are a choke point on both computers - especially the 8
meg card, however a PII at 350 meg is also going to choke on intense
graphics. However, it should not choke on one chart. Have you swapped
the video cards to see if the PII can keep up with a 32 meg card?

I've setup systems that trade all of the Dow 30 (30 charts open) plus an
interface to excel running at the same time on a P4 at 1.8 meg w/512 meg
XP Pro with no problems. However, the graphics card was 128 meg.

Just for ducks, have you checked the computer running TS for addware and
viruses? One chart should not create a lag problem.
Larry