Re: IB's TWS and new drop down windows function

from what i understand, all builds before 851 are going to die on october 10th...see below

Tony

TWS Upgrade

We have recently implemented new re-connect logic into our trading system that smoothly switches your connection between ISP providers in the case of an ISP failure. In addition, the new logic will keep track of orders in the TWS that a user tries to submit, modify, or cancel while a connection is down and resubmit these orders when the connection is re-established (the storing of orders will not work if you exit your TWS session).

This new re-connect logic will only work with an upgrade to TWS build 851 or higher. Since we believe this new re-connect logic is extremely beneficial to all our customers, we are requiring all customers who use the downloadable version of TWS to upgrade their TWS by Monday, October 10, 2005. As of that date, old builds of TWS will no longer work. To check your build, log into the TWS and choose Help/About Trader Workstation.

Chris Cheatham wrote:

What build do you have? I have 848.4 and I don't have them.