Re: T.S. 4.0 Questions

You need to understand the source of these kind of problems.

All platforms respond to each tick as they arrive. If a tick arrive that causes your system to trade, it will issue the orders. If the tick happens to have a time stamp out of order, it may be stored in the server data base in a different place or not stored at all, depending on how the system is designed.

TS4.0 uses time stamps as provided by the vendor. These can be exchange time stamps or the time the vendor's server sent the data. It depends upon the vendor. These can be and frequently are out of order. I don't remember how they are stored on the TS4 server.

TS2000i, as I recall, used your computer's time that the tick arrived as the time stamp to help eliminate this problem. This keeps the time stamps in order but the time stamps can be off if your computer time is not correct. And if you download refresh data the time stamps on that data will be the exchange time stamps or vendor time stamps so will be different.

This explains most of the differences you will see. But if you have more than one entry/exit on a bar (a very bad idea), you then get into the subject of how TradeStation assumes the ticks arrived when it only has OHLC data on each bar.

Bob Fulks