Re: T.S. 4.0 Questions

I don't think if you can't make that work in TS2ki that you will find it will work in TS4. I would say you need to get a really good programmer for EL to see if he/she can fix you up. Maybe one of the hot dog coders that is used to TS4 and TS2ki can tell you. Pretty nearly any limitation in Tradestation can be overcome. Might be a cost to it though. I don't mean the financial cost.

Jimmy

Donald Beck wrote:

I am planning to setup my trading for Forex and
therefore my ability to feed the server data is my
first concern. I am planning to use Hyperserver,
Metaserver or Dynaloader either in a plain wrap DDE or
a platform specific package. These will take the FX
data from the broker I will trade with.
As important as the data feeding issue is, so are the
changes in the value of the bars be it in tick or
minute data. My strategy will fire signals during the
formation of the bar (as opposed to on the close of
the bar). I have found in 2000i a signal can have you
buy at lets say 101.30 and sell at 102.40. Upon the
closing of the chart, the signal may remain at that
price or the buy may move to 101.20 and the sell
102.50 (as example). Still more rare would be the
addition of, change of or elimination of bars and
therefore the same would be true of signals.

These findings are not new to me however it may impact
the viability of my Forex trading plan. This is why I
am trying to explore 4.0, to see if it is a viable
alternative.

Thank you
Don