Re: Forex Session Time Settings

Hi Donald,

TS can't handle 24 hr trading.  Session times can not exceed 24 hrs - in

fact they have to be less than 24 hrs by at least 1 minute.

I'm sure that others have their own "session times" setup that they use,

however I like to use this one:

Sun  12:00  Sun   17:59
Sun  18:00  Mon  17:59
Mon 18:00  Tue   17:59
Tue   18:00  Wed 17:59
Wed 18:00  Thu   17:59
Thu   18:00  Fri    17:59

As you can see TS is off the air for 1 minute each day from 17:59 to
18:00 hrs, which in my time zone is a very slow time for FX.  Make sure
that "Dribble" is set to 0 hrs and 0 min.  Also "Settlement" needs to be

0 hrs and 0 min - if you did not set "Settlement" to 0 0 this could be
the cause of your problem.  I don't think it is but it will cause some
strange problems if not set to 0 0.

Your other problem - the display and plotting - sounds like you've run
into "what day is it".  I'll try to explain it - if it doesn't make any
sense we can work on it.

FX data is timed stamped (usually) GMT.  TS allows you display this data

in local time - which is probably what you have TS set to do. Here's the

rub - you've asked TS to display today's data and the GMT time stamp is
tomorrow.  TS doesn't make the shift to tomorrow until your local time
does.  You've asked for "today" and TS is receiving tomorrow's data - so

TS gives you what you asked for -- today..

Now - you've said that you use InterbankFX - their location is Utah.  Do

the time gaps that your experiencing match with the time difference
between your local time and Utah or is the gap the difference between
you and GMT?

One way around the whole problem is to set your trading box to GMT
time.  Then your computer and your data feed are on the same time.  If
you do this, make sure that you set to GMT not London time - they went
to day light saving time this year.

Larry