Re: Slightly Off-Topic- Operating System Question

Actually, Jimmy, Win2k is the best OS for TS4 or any other program. ;-)

I've been running TS2Ki and TS4 on Win2k for years completely trouble free,
before that, Win98 crashed all the time. But the biggest issue for older
operating systems is that they are not as secure as newer systems. Article
in Futures mag this month says, "according to a recent study, a computer
with an older version of windows running on it, when connected to the
internet, has a 50% chance of being successfully hacked in less than 12
minutes."

Hardware firewalls are mandatory for all trading machines and should be
supplemented with a software firewall. Firewalls are especially crucial for
older operating systems. But, if you want stability, forget Win3.x, Win95,
Win98, or WinME. If you hate MSFT, buy Win2k and put it on all your
machines, if you love MSFT, buy WinXP and put a copy on each machine.