Re: Alternatives to Hypertrader (Metaserver)

Alex Matulich wrote:
Now that you asked (or I happened to notice you asked):

http://www.traderssoft.com/
For trading 1 or 2 things, I also like the MetaServer demo.
http://www.traderssoft.com/rt/msrt/demo/

Working with the full version myself for over 6 years now.
From the start, where Metaserver was just a basic program
to hook up my DDE datafeed to TradeStation 2000i it has
now developed into a tool that even has data filtering (for
filtering bad ticks), templates to easily set up datafeeds
(set up your DDE Datafeed once and then you only need to
enter symbols and they will work) a scripting language that
will enable you to calculate your own indexes and if you have
IB as a broker, Metaserver (the IB version) can even do backfill if you have missed data.

I don't keep up to dat with all the different versions and
free versions etc. but i have never seen these features
with any free version or with a version that is as cheap
as MetaServer.
Also never had any bad experience with support but
since i have never had problems i did never realy use
the support. (Lying here, the version from 6 years ago was harder to set up if you did not read the manual so i asked some stupid questions in that period :-)

Ofcourse, i am a happy satisfied customer so i am a little biased :-) Don't take my word for it, just give
the demo a try i would say.

Greetings,

Henri