Re: Alternatives to Hypertrader (was Pearls Before Swine)

Alex Matulich wrote:

For trading 1 or 2 things, I also like the MetaServer demo.
http://www.traderssoft.com/rt/msrt/demo/

It's free, and for me, I could always work with it more easily than
HyperTrader because it doesn't cause the symbol dictionary to be
locked.

I have never set it up as described below - because I never felt the need. That said, this is from the HyperServer Lite help file

*The SubServer ID can be changed to DBC Signal ID.*

This capability could be reached following to *Tools - Options* main menu sequence. *DBC Signal subserver emulation* check box have to be checked.

*Main Advantages:*

* Omega Symbols Database available.
* Local Time and Exchange Time supported in Chart.
* CRTL+Space available in Chart subsystem.
* Full compatibility with HistoryBank.Com.

*Disadvantages:*

Data and Symbols collected will be unavailable.
For support correctly your existing database, before to change the SubServer ID, you need to:

* Export to XPO your existing portfolio.
* Delete all symbols from GlobalServer.
* Update by XPO converter your portfolio in XPO format.
* Change, in HyperServer, the SubServer ID.
* Restart HyperServer and GlobalServer.
* Import to GlobalServer your portfolio