Re: brokers redux...comments on velocity, open e-cry, ts8, others?

Tony,

I currently do high volume trading during the
intraday session of Nq and Es mini futures contracts.
I can tell you of my past 6months experience with
"cobbled" platforms. Mind you I'm Not doing Pit
traded, but just electronic. Nonetheless, I'm
was running into many of the scenarios that you
mentioned. Basically, one platform does "this"
the other "that", and I need "THIS&THAT" together!!

With respect to TS 8.x, I have most of my analytics
built on this platform. The logistical barriers
to getting off size in the e-mini futures market,
were becoming unbearable during the intraday session.

I am currently using X_Trader PRO, which on
an execution level to "GET" your fills and move into
and out of the Que quickly accept No substitutes.
Bottom line there is they are the leader. However,
that is for the connections, with respect
to the features of the Market Depth screen that
Harris is doing so much to protect, well as they
say in ebonics, "it ain't all that"

What is missing is the handling of the subsequent
order entry logistical cycle that the burden of size
places up the intraday trader.

For this I had to create an add-in module via macros
and some Visual Basic-written for Excel and establish
Realtime links in X_Trader Pro's autotrader module,
in order to handle order flow in a manner that was
consistent with my intraday profitability plan.

Talk about *ucking "cobbled" Funny thing is after
calling around the hedge fund industry to as many
contacts as I have made over the past 5yrs., it
was a revelation to me that so many hedge funds
dealing with managed futures have had to do the
very same thing.

Besides all the above, in the end, IMHO, you should
be thinking scalability of your business, and running
two accounts anyway. The best laid plans are often
fouled up by one broker/clearing firm getting hosed
up during the day's session and you needing to
instantly hedge yourself against eminent losses.

We can discuss further offline, if you wish.

here is a graph of the finish product that I
had made to circumvent problems I was running into.

all the best with piecing it together.

mike ball

[image can be found at:
 ftp://ftp.eskimo.com/u/j/jimo/ZSscalper_tool.jpg]