Re: Very Basic EL Question (ShowMe for 3 EMA)

Hello Mark,

> I want to create a show me when the 4EMA is greater than the 9EMA and the 9EMA is greater than the 18EMA. If someone could email me this code I would really appreciate it. I am using Tradestation 8.1

Do you mean
1) when the 4 EMA is greater than the 9 EMA and the 9 EMA is greater than the 18 EMA
or
2) when the 4 EMA crosses above 9 EMA and the 9 EMA crosses above the 18 EMA?

If you mean 2), the two crossovers may not occur on the same bar, do you want them be considered to be a valid signanl if they are within x number of bars.

Furthermore, when considering two crossovers next to each other, do you require that the short EMA must be still above the long EMA for the first crossover when the second crossover occurs.

I have a ShowMe for case 2) with the considerations mentioned above. Email me if you are interested.

-- Harrison

Mark Williams wrote:
Hi,I have been using Tradestation for a while because I like its charting but I have never looked into the Easy Language programming as I have always been a discretionary trader.I want to create a show me when the 4EMA is greater than the 9EMA and the 9EMA is greater than the 18EMA.If someone could email me this code I would really appreciate it.I am using Tradestation 8.1,

Thanks

Mark

Dating? Try Lavalife – get 7 days FREE! Sign up NOW. http://www.lavalife.com/clickthru/clickthru.act?id=ninemsn&context=an99&a=20233&locale=en_AU&_t=33473