Re: Norton GHOST--- OMFG!

Hello List,

Friday, July 15, 2005, 1:22:18 PM, you wrote:

HC> Actually, other people experience a similar issue using
HC> Ghost with new Dell Dimension hard disk setup.
HC> I personally tried Norton Ghost 2003 on Dell
HC> Dimension 4600 last year, the "Clone" did not work.
HC> About 2 months ago (5/3/2005), Michael Guess posted
HC> about the same issue.  Leslie George suggested trying
HC> Acronis True Image 8.0 to see if it works. Acronis offers
HC> free trial version: http://www.acronis.com/.

Try the demo and test the backups. Also test the bootdisk for making
and recovering. Read their user forum to get some idea of the
bugs in the program. I have given up on it because it can't even read
SATA drives...

About Ghost.
Their seem to be Norton Ghost and Symantec Ghost versions.
(yes I know Norton is part of Symantec)
The Symantec stuff seems more high-end.
For me Symantec Ghost v8.2 Corp works well.
I only use the DOS part of Ghost so I create some floppies with it and
delete the rest of my HD.
If you dont have SATA drives older GHOST versions will work fine too.

--
Best regards,
Tony

Life is a glitch in the universal program; death is just the programmer's way of debugging.