Re: TS 8.0 recovery of studies after HD crash

Hi Bob,

The important files are in C:\Program Files\TradeStation 8.# (Build ####)\MyWork
where # indicates some number.

If you can, try to recover the entire folder MyWork from the crashed disk. Have the recovered files backup in 2-3 different media (CD, DVD or another hard disk) just to be safe.

If TradeStation files in MyWork are not corrupted, you will have a good chance. After you install the TS8 on a new hard drive, shut down TS8. Back up MyWork folder and its contents in the new hard disk. Rename MyWork to, e.g., MyWork_New.

Take the recovered MyWork folder, use it to and use it to replace the MyWork folder. Start TS8.0. See if this does the job for you.

-- Harrison

robert pisani wrote:
I've had a HD crash and need to recover all my studies, a few of which are not backed up..
1 - In what directory do they reside?
2 - If I am able to recover all the files in this directory, will I be able to import these files to a newly downloaded TS 8?