Re[8]: HD Backup software

Hello Hinton,

...and in the same vein, heres mine:

SystemGuardian backs up once a day. Backup drives are in removable rack
drawers and I keep one in a safe deposit box at the bank (all sensitive data
is encrypted), rotating the backups monthly.

Critical data is backed up as required then encrypted and stored remotely in
two places: a web server provided by my ISP and a Yahoo mail account, plus I
burn CD's each month which go to the bank with the backup drives.

Recovery strategies:

Normal screw-ups: restore as required from the backup drive. (Files/folders
or the entire drive.)

Worst case: catastrophic loss (fire/theft, etc) - I still have the primary
setup in the safe deposit box, albeit up to one month out of date, however
the updated critical data is stored remotely, so I can be up and running
quite quickly.

Not as sophisticated as Colin's solution but workable.

--
Best regards,
 Ross                         mail to: Ross.Bond@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx