Re[2]: HD Backup software

Casper will do what I call a full copy of a drive like we used to do
in DOS.  So what that means today is you can boot from that other
drive.  I've been doing it for a couple of years using SATA drives.
If one dies then I just shut down open the side door of my machine up
and disconnect the cable to the main SATA drive and move it to the
second SATA drive then boot up.  I can do this in the same time it
takes to just do a reboot.  Now USB could be a problem as you probably
can't boot to it.  I don't know as I have not had a interest in a USB
drive.  So you would have to have a bootable drive you could then
recover your info from the USB drive.  Not a really good or fast way
to do it.

I simply copy data from my laptop to my main machine via network.  Not
much on it that isn't on the main one just data.

Jimmy

Hi Roger,

Do you or Jimmy know if I can clone my internal HD to an external HD
that's connected via USB? I believe I asked this before but don't
recall getting any encouragement <g>. I've got the version just
before this upgrade. I've got a laptop and a new Dell that I'd like to clone.

Thanx,

Michael