Re: Condition Indicator

> I want to place text on the chart as an indicator giving the
> status of the many Conditions that I use.
<snip>
> I wish to create a word of T's and F's that reflect the current
> status of the Conditions of my system.

You can't create an indicator that knows what the variables inside your
system are doing. You have to code it within the system using the text
functions. The samples Mark posted give examples of the using the text
functions. What you want can be done but nobody is going to be able to
write exact code to do it without seeing the code of your system. Since
it's unlikely you want to share that, I suggest you study up on the text
functions.

Here's a pseudo-code snippet showing how to approach it.

var: string1(""), string2(""), {.... stringx(""),} string("");

if condition1 then string1="T" else string1="F";
if condition2 then string2="T" else string2="F";
{repeat for all the conditions you use}
string = string1 + string2 {.... + stringx};

The variable string will be "TT", "TF", "FF" or "FT" if you have 2
conditions.

Then use text_delete to erase the old text and use the variable string
for the value of the text in the text_new function.

--
  Dennis