Coding Question entries today

Hello List,
             I have an intraday strategy that I want to be able to take multiple
             trades  but never more than 1 trade per day. I am using a
             variable Tradestoday to keep track of whether a trade has
             taken  place  today.  The  variable should return 0 if no
             trades  have  taken  place so far today. I have tried the
             following, neither of which works.

        Trgtdate = date;
        Tradestoday = EntriesToday(TRGTDATE);

        or

        If Entrydate(0) = Date then Tradestoday = 1 else Tradestoday =
        0;

        any help would be greatly appreciated.

--
Best regards,