Re[2]: hard drives?

That would do it if the drives are not the same types and the BIOS is
one that has that feature.  On my BIOS it will boot to a C:, not a
problem, but the C:s have to be of a type I can pick such as SCSI or
IDE or Serial.  If both his are controlled by the IDE primary or
secondary then it wont work.  If you are using Windows 2000 Pro or XP
Pro then you can change the boot.ini.  Mine is a single boot so it
looks like this and offers no options when it boots up.

[Boot Loader]
Timeout=5
Default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS
[Operating Systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /fastdetect /NoExecute=OptIn

To change it you have to change the attrib on the file from protected
to not protected so you can save it after you change it in notepad.
I'm not positive this will work but you can easily save the old boot to
boot.old if you need it AND HAVE A DOS DISK so you can rename it if it
does not work.

To do this google for dual boot boot.ini.  There are lots of examples.
There are problems also so I would say you need to be pretty much an
expert on it.  It gets confusing about which drive actually has what
on it to boot up with.

My question on this is why would you want to boot to the old drive.
All the data is there just for the taking.  Then again if you don't
have all the programs on the old drive then they are gone unless you
boot to it.

I've built dual boot boot.ini files but I would never do it for
someone else that is somewhere else.  I'd mess it up for sure.

Jimmy