hard drives?

A few months ago I had a small hard drive that was about full, so I got somene to install a new bigger hard drive in my computer.
I told them to also hook up my old hard drive so I can go to it and get files etc. as I need them.
So now I have 2 hard drives my new one and my old one.
I was wondering if there is a way for me to be able to bootup and use my old hard drive, if I wanted to, at times?
If there is a way to boot to any one of the two hard drives. How can I do it?

Thanks,