Re: Trailing Stop Indicator needed

Randy,

>Anyone have a Trailing stop indicator they would care to share or
>know where to find a good one.(Besides Parabolic SAR).

Some people swear by chandelier exits.  That is, pick a stop interval
and hang it down from the tops of every bar, for a sell stop.  The
interval doesn't have to be fixed either, but could be some multiple of
average true range.

Chandelier sell stop indicator (from the top of my head, untested)

Inputs:
   atrlength(15),  {length of average true range}
   atrsize(3);     {number of ATRs to use as the stop interval}

Vars: atrs(0), maxvalue(0);

atrs = atrsize * xaverage(TrueRange, atrlength);

if high-atrs > maxvalue then maxvalue = high-atrs; {raise stop if needed}
if maxvalue >= low then plot1(maxvalue, "sell")    {plot dot if stop hit}
else plot2(maxvalue, "sellstop");                  {draw stop level line}

{plot1 should be formatted as a large dot with no line, and plot1
should be formatted as a line plot.}

--
 //  \
 // __)    Unicorn Research Corporation -- http://unicorn.us.com