Off Topic - Wireless Routers

Dear List,

Sorry for the off topic post, but I have been unable to get an answer to
this question.

I recently purchased a D-Link DI-624 Wireless Router, which I have not
installed yet.  I have 4 computers in my home that I want to share my high
speed cable internet connection between and network with a simple peer to
peer network.  All computers ( 2 desktop PC's and 2 notebooks ) run Windows
XP Home with Service Pack 2 installed.

My question is:

Do I have to physically connect the router to one of the desktop PC's with
an Ethernet cable?  I really do not want to do this due to the location the
cable comes into my house.  I would greatly prefer to physically connect the
router only to the cable modem, then connect all 4 computers to the router
wirelessly.  Is this possible?

Thanks,

Joe Schedlbauer