Efficient exits?

I am not really expecting too many people to spill the beans on this, but who knows.. someone might be in good mood today - can't hurt to ask.

I often read about this, and agree.. it's not the entry, but how you exit the trade, that's what matters. I decided to put the strategy trades on a spreadsheet, and do some analysis. And the results make me sick.

This strategy, which I am actually trading, but with discretionary overrides (Because the results not been so good lately), made about 7k trading 2 contracts in the last 5-6 months, if you went strictly by the rules. Intraday strategy, with low DD. But I added up the MFE of all the trades. Total MFE of all the trades is >60k !!! How much money am I leaving on the table?!? Close to 90% !?! Yikes.

So that begs the question - what are some of the good exit strategies besides profit targets? No looking for specifics (although most welcome, LOL), but would surely appreciate some nuggets of wisdom.

Thanks,

Abhijit