From: Abhijit Dey [mailto:omegalist@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Saturday, October 02, 2004 1:01 AM
To: David Colin
Cc: omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: % return and trading futures vs. stocks

David Colin wrote:

>> Appreciate yours & Jimmy's comment so far. But I still isn't
>> convinced that 20%+ stock traders are that good. I realize size makes
>> a difference. I would say my arguments stand for accounts under a
>> million.. But this is the matter for discussion anyways.
>

> Since taking control of Berkshire Hathaway 39 years ago, Warren Buffet
> has delivered compound annual return of 24%.  I think *he's* pretty
> good, no?
> (Source: Forbes magazine)
>
> DF

You bet. But he isn't daytrading his billions. According to this,
http://beginnersinvest.about.com/cs/warrenbuffett/a/aawarrenbio_2.htm he
made 250% non compounded in 5 years, when he was starting out. I am not
too sure about the validity of figures in this web page - but would be
pretty safe to assume he made some killer returns while managing mere
millions. Hear nowadays he mostly cries that there's nothing left to
buy. Now THAT's a problem.

Abhijit