Re[2]: % return and trading futures vs. stocks

The dreams are gone email.  I just love it when we get several
different posts about what can and absolutely can't be done.

The facts I know are that there is a change in the way successful
traders manage their trading as their equity grows.  They make really
big returns for a time and then the capital is large enough they don't
trade as large as they did.  Or as heavily margined as they did.

You can't say a guy can't make 20% trading stocks full time.  There
are mutual funds that have 10 year track records that are higher than
20% and they use no margin but rather a pretty high cash reserve.

Private traders make so much money it is hard to believe.  I don't
mean the guys working for a bank.  I mean the guys that work for my
buddies that have Billions.  Those guys blow the numbers away all
these posts pitch out.  It is fact.  No I don't know anyone that made
100% every year trading stocks for decades but I know guys that did
that well for several years until the money got so huge they
emotionally couldn't or didn't need want to take that risk any longer.

They guys I'm talking about get fired if they are not as good as the
boss wants.  Even if he is making 60% per year.  If the other guys are
making 90% Mr. Sixty is gone and three new guys come in.  Fact.

So bottom line is you can make as much as you want if you have the
nerve and the greed for a lot more money.  When you can't trade out of
fear then you will slow down.  If you reach your financial goal you
will slow down.  Equity volatility means nothing to someone that is
absolutely positively going to make a ton of money this year.  Been
there done that.

Jimmy

--
Best regards,