Please unsubscribe me

At 06:52 PM 9/6/2004 -0700, you wrote:
omega-digest Digest Volume 2004 : Issue 226

Today's Topics:
Re: Upgrade from P3 to P4 [ "Robert Scott" <rlscott1@xxxxxxxxxx ]
Re: Upgrade from P3 to P4 [ Ron Augustine <RonAug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx ]
RE: Upgrade from P3 to P4 [ "Dr War" <drwar@xxxxxxxxxxx> ]
Re[2]: Upgrade from P3 to P4 [ Tony <Sanctuary@xxxxxxxxx> ]
OT: Napa/Sonoma & the fires [ "Colin West" <cwest@xxxxxxxxxxxx> ]
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2004 12:20:21 -0700
From: "Robert Scott" <rlscott1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Barry Burgess" <bburgess@xxxxxxxxxx>,
"Omega List" <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Upgrade from P3 to P4

Barry,

You did not specifically mention it, but with the 800 MHz FSB you should
definitely be able to enable HyperThreading and set the CPU Affinity to run
the TS4 Server program on a second (virtual) CPU. Are you running in this
mode? I have a program that I made to Auto-set the CPU Affinity on TS4
Server start-up and it runs fine on a normal dual-cpu system but since I
don't have a HT system I have never debugged it for HT. Ron Augustine is,
or at least was, running this program on his 2.8 GHz HT PC and said it
worked fine on initial TS4 Server starts but did have a bug on any TS4
Server re-starts. If you want this program or any help I will be happy to
provide it.

~Bob

Date: Fri, 03 Sep 2004 23:24:35 -0400
From: Ron Augustine <RonAug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx

What Bob says is very true -- Definitely utilize the Hyper-Threading option for running your TS4 Server --

If you haven't already applied tweaks to XP, here's the link -- Highly recommended as a result of personal experience with many XP computers, but some here will still disagree--

http://www.monroeworld.com/pchelp/tweakxp.php
_______________________________

Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2004 23:28:24 -0400
From: "Dr War" <drwar@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Ron Augustine" <RonAug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>

Ron or Bob
Is the performance enhancement from Hyperthreading a reason to Switch from
Win2000 to XP for running
TS2000i ?

THanks
Jerry

Date: Sat, 4 Sep 2004 12:25:17 -0700
From: Tony <Sanctuary@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "Omega list" <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re[2]: Upgrade from P3 to P4

Hello Robert,

> Barry,

> You did not specifically mention it, but with the 800 MHz FSB you should
<.....>

Maybe it's mentioned before but to take full advantage of the FSB
speed you *must* use a dual channel memory configuration with
DDR400/PC3200 memory.

For example a single channel configuration with PC2100 memory will
give you only 255Mhz FSB speed.

--
Best regards, Tony
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2004 19:52:01 -0600
From: "Colin West" <cwest@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Omegalist" <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: OT: Napa/Sonoma & the fires

I've travel plans this week in the Sonoma/Napa area. If there's anyone on
the list that can offer some comments about the fires I'd greatly appreciate
it. It's difficult to get a less than a sensational point of view from the
media.

Thanks in advance.
Colin West