Re: Re[2]: system trader

This is a big topic to discuss, but
beware of unrealistic expectations.
if you can make 50% per year, it still takes years to get rich.
and very few people make this. Its nice to be the very profitable 10%
if your making good money consistently via systems or discretion and it
suits your lifestyle
then stick with it.

There are some definite shifts in thinking of system developers.

the trend has gone from sell code -> lease code -> give code to brokers to
trade for their clients
-> find a few very wealthy people and trade for them taking a good cut of
the profits and give the code to no-one
People stealing intellectual property is the driving force in this trend

Leasing per contract and or the developer not letting his code out to anyone
gets around the
issue of too many people trading a system.

I have been in trading for many years, and only ever met one person who
often made 50% per month
regularly. I meet many people who claim to. I argue, show me your broker
statement, then work backwards.
going for (sometimes hollow) claims of money, paying for the course / or
software, then trading is not the way to go.

Michael, this also shows true slippage, liquidy and the other many issues to
go wrong in live trading

there are some legal issues with this, as legally you have to stamp
hypothetical on your broker statements.
I don't understand why, but just believe that to be the case.

Nothing good is ever free. It costs lots of $ in loss's and time to make
something that works.

I've bought and leased many systems, and written some of my own.
Many fell apart in the last 18 months due to low volatility of the futures
stock indices.

I now go for either a system that has several thousand trades on one
indices,
or can trade 4 or more indices with no changes in parameters.
That sort of robustness has higher probabilities of future returns being
similar to past

comments welcome
pz