Re: system trader

This is a massive topic...
Why do you guys want to re-invent the wheel?
There are people who are systems designers by profession.
While I admit much of what's out there is not good, there's also
a number of good things with broker statements to match system trades.
Good luck to you designing systems. While the end system might be simple,
the task of thinking it up is not easy at all. Believe me, cause I've been
at it for many years.

Personally, if your going to spend your hard earnt money, spend some more of
it and lease or buy something that works. Better to do this and give it to
"the market"
I think that's stats if 90% of people loose most of their initial capital in
6 months trading futures.

In short, this is what I feel you should be looking for in system trading
1) large sample of trades. At lease 1000 trades in sample size.
the more the better
2) Long period of time in sample size. Preferably the full length of
whatever contract you trade
3) Have sufficient capital. 2 or 3 times the max drawdown
4) A profit factor of at least 1.5, preferable 2 or more ($win / $loss)
5) A $return / max $drawdown of at least 10

Happy trading