Re: TS4-DTN Satellite Feed

> read this and see about giving DB/DS another shot...
> http://www.dynastore.info/index.php?act=ST&f=12&t=757
>
>>Had to switch to DTN satellite feed after BMI shut down. Using
>>TS 4 with Dynastore interface software. It is not working and
>>receiving no assistance from DB at Dynastore.

I've supported DB / Dynastore and encouraged qutie a few folks to use
their products over the years, but for some time now its been clear that
they've had some problems. Running a small software biz is hard. Perhaps
TS6,7,8 made an appreciable dent in his business, or he's spread too thin
- no idea. I hope he can pull things together *and* also continue to enjoy
what he does.

I second the call to move from TS4 to TS2000i -- it has been very stable
for me for many years -- I ran it in parallel even when running TS 7 and
8.

There is a downside to running old and unsupported versions. Since DTN
changes data formats from time to time (data interfaces are supposed to be
smart enough to detect the changes but who knows with some of these older
pieces of code) so if you run an unsupported version against unsupported
charting software, you may find yourself one day painted in a corner
unexepectedly. Just a heads up.

For my satellite feed I've discontinued using TS2000i in favour of
TickQuest's Neoticker. Recently they released (still beta, but functional)
their own data manager for satellite data (replacing the now ungettable
M3) and just this week released a new beta version of IDS (Instant Data
Server) which provides history back fill using DTN IQFeed.

Interacting with TickQuest has been a real breath of fresh air, and you
can see that for yourself by reviewing their forums (on Yahoo as well as
the www.tickquest.com website). Suggestions from clients actually make it
into the application, at a rate which most of us long-time Omega users
would find quite surprising.

I posted a note yesterday,

http://www.trendvue.com/doc/8338

a little gushing perhaps, so surprised was I that they delivered back fill
when they said they would, and more to the point, it just worked. I did a
test update of the S&P500, Dow 30, Russell 1000 and 2000 and 700 Canadian
equities and it just worked. No fussing, no crashes, no restarting.
Clearly they have an advantage since they are writing all of the code, no
third party library required to mangle DTN data into their product, but
even so, its nice to see a product and vendor continue to evolve in a
positive manner.

Mike