Re[2]: historical data lost in GS (possible after power failure ?)

Henri,

I backup my data each night.  I use Windows XP Pro and use the backup
that has shadow copy.  This allows a backup without shutting down
Tradestation or any other program.  I only backup things like my
MyWork folder that contains my workspaces, systems and indicators.  I
also backup the Server folder that has the list of symbols and a
folder called PDS which has all the data for all the systems.  Then I
backup other stuff like documents...

Before the backup runs and it runs automatically I run Macro
Scheduler.  All Macro Scheduler does is take each of seven backups,
one for each of the last seven days and copy them to a different name.
Something like it takes number 6 backup and calls it number 7 then
number 5 becomes number 6 until finally it takes the one from last
night and names it backup2 so when the windows backup runs it will
save as backup.  This way if I don't notice some error I have several
days of backup to draw from.  All this runs late at night
automatically to a different hard disk.  I also make a image type
copy of my C: every week or so on a different drive.  This way if I
really mess up something or my C: burns up I unplug the C: and put the
plug from the G: (the full backup drive) into the C: port.  I use
Serial ATA drives but you can do the same with IDE type hard drives.
This way if I have a really bad failure I can shut down swap the
cables and be booted up in about 30 seconds longer than a normal
reboot.  Then I bring back the latest Windows backup of whatever I
need such as my Tradestation data and workspaces to make them current
to last night.  I use Esignal so I can download todays data and be
running very quickly.

Jimmy

--
Best regards,