Re: OT: WinXp Sp2 - Thumbs up so far

   Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 21:44:51 -0700
   From: DH <catapult@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

   > Better short that bet.

   Yep, I'm not holding my breath for a crack-proof MS operating system.
   It's too big a target. But, the update is worth it to me for the popup
   blocker that doesn't require installing a space-wasting toolbar. Any
   other improvements are gravy.

MS could have a crackproof OS with a major overhaul of the 'production
line', but that would take a European court order plus market demand.

Oh, popup blocking (and unblocking) has been a single keystroke
feature in Opera for years.  Opera also has smarter cookie controls,
but only works at most websites, not all.  There are other handy
features in Opera that have started showing up in IE.  I tend to use
IE only on critical sites and use Opera everywhere else.  Opera shows
up on Bugtraq too, so it is not a total answer.