Re: Reliability of Esignal datafeed for TS2000i under XP ?

On Mon, 2004-05-17 at 11:16, John blucarr wrote:
> 1) cannot find ntfs.sys (I did a restore from Win XP CD),
> 2) Bad Pool Caller,
> 3) Video driver failed to initialize (tried replacing video card and with newer driver)
> 4) Cannot find Win32K.sys, restored from Win XP CD
> 5) The instruction at 0x73dd1351 referenced memory ar 0x00000004.  The memory could not be read. Click OK to terminate.

I have one other comment related to safe computing:

- be sure your system is clean from all viruses etc.

- consider also visiting a site like Pest Patrol and run their free scan on your machine.
http://pestpatrol.com/ - I recently had to do this for my wife's machine
and located a number of spyware apps and 1 trojan/Windows IE exploit
that had been installed. It appears that one of them disabled her
MacAfee antivirus from updating its virus definition files. Perhaps you
will discover something amiss here.

For now, just make the assumption that your machine is infected with
something. Perhaps all your machines.

Verify that at least one is clean and then take steps to keep it that
way. I highly recommend NOT using Internet Explorer unless absolutely
necessary (ironically you'll need it to run the Pest Patrol free scan
LOL).

Instead, download Firefox from the Mozilla org http://www.mozilla.org/ -
its fast, stable, and won't allow pop ups and is far more impervious to
trojans spyware etc. Make it your default browser.

And find an alternative to Outlook if possible.

Or take it a step further and do nothing but trade on your trading
computer and do everything else, email, web etc on another computer,
preferably a non Windows device.

I spent much of my IT career building and flogging Microsoft based
solutions - I am no MSFT bigot to be sure. But for my own purposes, I
run Unix for everything but trading. My workstation runs FreeBSD in a
graphical environment. Now if only tradestation or neoticker or
something like that ran on *BSD or Linux... ;-)