Re: Path To Trading Success

MT wrote:

> Wyatt wrote:
> >
> > I recently bought a book written in the early 90's called "Elements of
> > Successful Trading" by Robert Rotella.  Basically, its a "traders bible" as
> > it is ~700 pages long and covers every aspect of active trading.  Anyway, I
> > think I learned more from reading the first chapter (6 pages) than I have
> > from anywhere else.
>
> By the way Rotella is trading for real, with published track record (eg.
> look him up at IASG) and very good results (risk/reward adjusted for
> someone trading OPM). Unlike almost all other book writers, who haven't
> the faintest idea if you ask me! I didn't find the book very useful for
> my trading, but it's still a VERY thorough presentation of trading
> concepts and a great choice as one of the first books to buy.

I had some emails asking about what "IASG" is and about Rotella

IASG:
<http://iasg.pertrac2000.com/mainframe.asp>

Rotella funds:
http://iasg.pertrac2000.com/SnapshotPT.asp?ID=257
http://iasg.pertrac2000.com/SnapshotPT.asp?ID=258

Well, I hadn't checked on him for a couple of years and it seeems his
2003 was breakeven.

Anyway, you'll find out he has a 13yr track record with 20.22% avg
annual return with a -11.86 MaxDD, which is excellent imo. Ofcourse it's
much more difficult to achieve high returns when trading SIZE (I think
his cmmodity funds have AUM over $2billion)

Season greetings,