Re: Yahoo data access

Colin,

>http://finance.yahoo.com provides (free) access to stock prices although
>I can't find a (yahoo) page that explains all of the arguments that you
>can POST in an Action to retrieve data. Alex M. has some examples on his
>website, but I don't know if they're complete. If anyone knows of a url
>that covers yahoo's specs I'd appreciate them sending it to me.

I used to have the yahoo specs.  They were never published by Yahoo,
but I got them from a message posted by a Yahoo developer on one of
Yahoo's forums.  The specs are fully and completely implemented on
my page http://unicorn.us.com/trading/quotes.html - just view the
page source.

Recently, yahoo changed the way their software works, so some of the
arguments no longer do anything (like the one that determines what
format to output).  These are still in my page source, but commented
out.

Whether or not new arguments were *added* when the software changed,
I don't know.

--
 //  \
 // __)    Unicorn Research Corporation -- http://unicorn.us.com