Re: Excel help (again)

>Thanks Gary. Got it working. Any ideas how to construct different
>categories for values away from a trendline? I'm trying to come up with
>a way that (arbitrarily) measures the (in)significance of values from
>the trendline.

First, I would have just used the =slope() and =intercept() functions to
calculate the slope and intercept, and from that calculate points on the
line.

Then, once I have points on the line, calculate the standard
error.  The standard error is simply the standard deviation of the
distance of each y value from the line.  Once you know the standard
deviation, you can determine which values are outliers (say more
than 2 or 3 standard deviations from the line).

-Alex