Re: Computer tick-handling capability

a single beep when the computer is emitting POST code
failure is one thing. Simply consult your motherboard
users manual to reference the Brand CMOS your board
holds and go from there. However, beep(s) after
crash...  hummm.

Sounds like hardware failure to me, but can't be
positive. You've checked your CPU fan to make sure
there is no intermitent failure of cooling taking
place. Assuming there is a fan.

Memory is a huge culprit many times in the many 1000's
of systems I've worked on. If doable, you might want
to swap out the memory banks and run the check again.

I used to use a 16650 UART chip at my comm. port, via
a lavalink card, for increased data throughput.
I don't have enough of an understanding of the
dyanamics of DDE porting to understand if this would
affect increased efficiency of data.

best of luck.

mike ball