Re:Blucarr's lousy system

> Don't be a sucker and visit that site where John Blucarr is pointing
> you.  The system has over a 30% drawdown on your equity making 38%
> per year.

With all due respects to Jimmy, that system is a helluva lot
better than he thought.

Granted the results posted are all hypothetical and in-sample.
They're still amazingly good.

The 30% drawdown results from a single $31k loss on 4/14/00,
which was a mighty dangerous time to be running an EOD system (or
almost anything else for that matter!).  $31k loss on a $100k
account produces a 31% DD.  But if you had any sense you would
have reduced your leverage in conditions like that, so the % DD
would have been less.  But other than that one loss, the largest
losses are in the $10k-$12k range.  There are only 17 trades out
of 570 that take more than $10k of heat during the trade.  Only 5
of those are more than $15k.

The returns are also a **LOT** higher than 38%.  Assuming a $100k
account, and trading 1 SP per $100k in the account, the system
turns $100k into $4.59 BILLION in 7.748 years, for an annual
return rate of **300%**.  That assumes you can trade over 45000
SP's, which might present a problem.  :-)  But the 300% rate of
return applies for smaller accounts too.

If -- and this is a big "if" -- this system continues to perform
anywhere near this well in realtime trading, I will be VERY
impressed.

Gary