Re: Re[2]: TL Angle function

 Slope is simply rise over run.
If price rises 2 points over 2 bars then slope = Rise/Run or 2/2 = 1
If prices rises -5 points over 10 bars then slope = -5/10 or -.5
When you input price, you usually hardcode Open High, Low or Close.
So if you select Close, it is getting the input price from the close of one
bar to the close of the next or to the close of the Run you are measuring.
This will be true if you have the bars all scrunched together on the screen
so the trendline is almost vertical or
you have the bars spaced  so far apart that the trendline is almost
horizontal.

I was incorrect earlier in assuming  the popup window that tells you the
angle of a trendline was the equivalent of the LinearRegAngle function.
It is not and a person should totally ignore the popup window that tells you
the angle of a trendline when you hold the left click on it.
It is in relation to the screen and not price. (Worthless)

The actual LinearRegAngle function works in the same manner as slope, taking
into effect price and time as well,  it just outputs in degrees instead.
You just need to know what unit of measure constitutes 1 measurement of rise
or the equal unit between the X and Y axis.
 I have found that on the ES ,1 point is their equil unit of measure per 1
bar of time.  So if price rises 1 point over 1 bar the angle = 45.
This, like slope will remain constant no matter what bar spacing is used.
If prices fall 10 points over 10 bars, then angle = -45.