TS 7 and Windows 98

I'm still running TS 6.  Before upgrading to TS 7,  TS tech support advised
me to upgrade to Windows XP.  But I've got some customized stuff that only
runs under W98 (or won't
run under XP, I don't quite understand why...only that it costs big bucks to
modify).  .

TS sent me a note that TS 6 won't log on after 12/31...so I'm sort of stuck.

My TS 6 usage if very basic.  I track about 15 symbols, use 3
workspaces (max), and only use indicators (no strategies, paint bars, ela
programs,etc).  I have no other use for TS 7's bells and whistles.

Has anyone tried using TS 7 under Windows 98 ?

Can anyone comment on problems I might expect if I just convert to TS 7
without upgrading to XP ?

(System running TS 6 is PIII, 500 mhz, 40g hd)

thanks,

Jim
pal9885@xxxxxxxxxxxxx