gurus, track records and such

Hello All

I don't comment on this or other forums often , and I'll explain why.

This is observation and not intented to start a spat with anyone, Please !

The really serious traders with whom I have any contact, all have one thing
in common.
They rarely seem to have time or energy to do a lot of talking, writing or
anything else
but trade. It is exhausting to wrestle with the market all day.

But there are exceptions.

There always are.

I have one friend who is  medical doctor in what I believe is one of, if not
the most
stressful areas of medicine, an ER doc. He works 12 hour shifts in a major
trauma
center. Gunshot wounds, boating accidents, car wrecks, stabbings, you name
it,
he treats it, often simultaneously. Now let me tell you from first hand
experience with him.
It is a truely life and death, stressful job.

Yet, he also runs a very successful real estate development business, hands
on,
owns a restaurant and is a nationally ranked sail boat racer.

Talk about exhausting.

I get tired just listening to what he's been doing since I last saw him.

My own trading mentor simultaneously ran three very successful financial
businesses
and also traded quite successfully.

I could mention others.

Now the zinger.

Not one of these traders would show me anything about their actual trades.
ie no track record, systems or anything else.

And frankly, I DON'T CARE.

Why ?

Because it's all personal.

However, what they taught me is priceless.

It really isn't as important how much I might know about what or how they
did their
trading, as it is  to know that I can do it.

ie Whether I can Answer the call.

If I told you the "system" my own mentor taught me, how long it took to get
him to
tell me, what it was or how much money he had made with it, you simply would
not believe it without proof. YeHow do I know ? Because,  I have told many
people
the essence of it. Most shrugged it off in disbelief. Since his death a
couple of years
ago, I have had access to his trading journal (yes , he kept one,
maticulously ).

I have been surprised in my life but rarely about people. In this case I
was.

His journal, when studied along with his charts, (yes , I have studied it)
revealed
how simple his technique had remained for many years.  He actually told me
once,
that I would be surprised to know how simple and straight forward his
methods were.
I was and they were.

Whether I or anyone else can trade them is personal.

I think it is wonderful that some people are willing to share their
knowledge with others.
I for one, would not expect to get this knowledge without paying for it.

Some have shared, I have paid and thankfully some of it stuck.

I do agree that the "make a million" type adds are obnoxious. But what never
ceases
to amazed me are that so many are so gullable to believe it. As you know,
those adds are
unfortunately hardly unique to trading.

I receive that junk too. Thanks to email, and a lot of it.

But that's ok. The good news is that some very bright computer geek, early
on, placed
one of the most important icons on even the earliest computer screens.

The DELETE button. It gets a lot of use on my computers.

One of the lessons we should strive to teach our children is to use the
"delete" button.
With computers and in life.

"Those who can, do. Those who can't , teach and write books"
But believe me there are exceptions.

Use your delete button now , Please !

Thanks ! :)

Peyton Morgan