RE: Trading Journals and Trading Plans?

1.  Trading Journal.

In the spirit of beating a dead horse.

I've tried many spreadsheet versions of trade journals and logs - even ones
that automatically update prices across the web.  They all were abandoned
because they could not adapt to my changing methods and needs for
information content.

Now I put my thoughts and trade data in TC2000 notes.  This is free form and
accompanied by a chart I can annotate.

I still maintain an excel spreadsheet, but only with completed trade P&L
results - I use this to calc accumulated results.

All my whys, hows, and LessonsLearned are in TC2000.  Once a quarter, I have
a marathon effort of moving the TC2000 notes to word docs and purging the
system - that's really the only time I go back over them, but a very
important time for me.

This system has the virtue of having TC2000 and all the trade data displayed
on my righthand panel, and TradeStation on the left.
Action - Left;  Information - Right.

IMHO TC2000 is a super tool for maintaining a 'trade journal'.  Just hit
CTRL N and put your thoughts down.

works for me,  daver

2.  Trading plans.

Everyone has one - in the head or on paper.  Whether head or paper doesn't
correlate with good or bad.  Webvan probably had a 200+ page written plan.
I bet Bill Gates and co, didn't have a plan on paper when they went down to
meet with IBM in FL and create history.