Re: Who is afraid let their systems run unattended?

Jimmy Snowden wrote:
>You must be talking about automatic order entry.  I have no problem
>running TS2ki unattended for weeks at a time.  It only blows up when I
>mess with it.  I can see how automatic order entry would be great but
>this boy is not about to trust it for more than say an hour at most.

Based on secondhand experience I'd have to agree.  One person I know
who trades for a living won't go near auto-trading, he totally lost
interest in it after a trader HE knows lost $750K from auto-trading
problems, and he had a team of 3 professional programmers working
for him.

That said, my goal is to develop a trading system that can
auto-trade.  However, I won't leave it alone unattended.  I'll want
to watch it.  Auto-trading will free me up to pay attention to other
things like research and testing, instead of being glued to my
trading system all day, placing orders manually.

-Alex