Re: laptop recommendation

Hello Feisal,

Since you bought your last laptop 5 years ago, ANY new laptop make and
model will do.  Microsoft bets on the cost deflation of computer power, so Windows
will always be a hog if your computer is old.  Don't worry; whatever you get will be a vast
improvement.

Don't compare processor speeds between desktops and notebooks because
notebook motherboards are inferior to desktop motherboards.  You pay for the flat panel
display, and the small portable size of the electronics.  Processor
speed performance actually depends on the other things, like bus speed and the
sophistication of its RAM technology.  Laptops are still sold with
inferior bus and RAM speeds because they can still sell the sale based on
the processor speed alone.

I'm partial to DELL, but I wouldn't get bogged down with brand
choices.  Throw a dart and you'll get something vastly superior to
what you got 5 years ago.