Re: laptop recommendation

Hi Feisal-

I personally run a DELL Inspiron 600M(Centrino Wi-Fi)
w/ XP PRO for a backup unit to my desktop trading
unit.

I have 2 DELL Laptops. They are reliable. For the
money and performance, not to mention clean asthetics,
hard to beat the prices.

I own a small computer store in the San Joaquin Valley
of California, have been in the business for over
8years. I can tell you that although price for
performance is not bad at DELL. Their customer service
sucks royaly. I've never dealt with C.S. that bad
before.

I would have to recommend against them at this time
until they can get their act together a little more.

I would imagine that Gateway has comparable quality.

If price isn't so much of an issue, you might want to
consider Fujitsu notebooks. I used to sell their
C-level machines to Fortune 500 companies and the
quality of their units are the best I've ever seen.

hope my input helps a little.

best-

mike ball