RE: RadarScreen/TradeStation

If your are using TS7, then RadarScreen is limited to a total of unique 1000
symbols across all RadarScreen tables.  I think the TS cache is limited to
2000 total symbols, but that limit might also be 1000. Or maybe that limit
of 2000 is for all symbols active, including duplications, across all
workspaces, am not sure.

So, what to do until such time, if ever, TS removes the limitation?

Create your own list of up to 1000 symbols.  A caution:  don't have more
than 900 unique symbols active across all tables.

Reality is, there are only about 1000 equity symbols with liquidity, float,
price and volatility sufficient for day trading, anyway...that's all I can
find via Advanced Analyzer (formerly Big Easy Investor before Ameritrade
bought it and proceeded to foul it up).  My filters are:  enough float (not
"HB" or "Hard to Borrow"); liquid (at least 400k average shares per day,
last 6 months); per share price between $9.00 and $100.00; equities only;
sometime in past 6 months, had intraday range of $1 or more. Currently only
about 1025 symbols fit that. Don't know why anyone would want to trade
riskier stuff, but to each his/her own I suppose.

>From time to time at www.tradestationworld.com under my member name there
tachyonv I post updated versions of my multisheet Excel spreadsheet, listing
the symbols alphabetically in one sheet, and my best guess by sector in
another sheet. Download it there freely if you need something to use until
TS has a better solution.

There is also at least one TS Enhancement request - maybe 3 or 4 - to remove
all such symbol limitations.  If you have access to TSW, then please go
there and vote for the enhancement requests!

Vince Heiker
Flower Mound, Texas