Re: My Take on Diversion (edit: divergence)

To my 11/24 post about divergence I should add the following.
It is essential to know what to expect from divergence. Chances for
reversal are high on double top/bottom or W.5.
Otherwise, most often, expect a correction to MA, e.g. 60 period
SMA in any time frame tickbar charts. Once market retraced to that
MA, the requirement for direction change has been satisfied and the
trend can be resumed.
A very strong, trending market makes an exception. It will ignore
divergence, will form double and triple divergence, most often making
double top/bottom before retracing to that MA or reversing.
With these qualifications, divergence is a great tool to use, if, however,
after divergence, you always expect trend reversal, no wonder you'll say
divergence doesn't work.

Jan Philipp