Re: Past Daily High/Lows using intraday charts?

Gary,

>(c) isn't right though.  It WAS a problem in TS4 -- that's the
>sneaky problem I mentioned before.  But in TS2k on, they declared
>the functions as Series functions (as they should have all
>along), which means they get called on every bar whether you
>think you did or not, and that results in proper results.

I didn't know that.  You mean, if I make a function a series
function, and I don't call it on every bar, it will get called
anyway?  How can this be possible?  How would TS know what
parameters to pass to the function inputs, if they change every time
the function is called?  What if my function has some decay terms
in there, which will cause it to return different results if the
same parameters are passed?  What if I don't need to call it every
bar, but I need to access the most recent value from the most recent
call?

I think the old TS4 way of doing it had the potential to break less
things.  At least then the behavior was predictable.  From what you
say above, I can no longer predict what values my series functions
should return if I don't call them on every bar.

--
 //  \
 // __)    Unicorn Research Corporation -- http://unicorn.us.com