cci classic indicator

I have put the cci claissic indicator on a chart, the 6 overlayed on
the 14.  this works fine.  However when I try to put the 2 different
input indicators together to create 1 indicator and give it a
different name, when I set it to same as symbol, it compresses to the
bottom of the chart and price compresses to the top of the chart. the
big problem is that the indicator lags 2 bars behind on the 3 minute
chart. I have tried everything.  why would I have this lag on this
indicator but not when I overlay the two?