TS7 data

I believe that for stocks, TS7 uses the same data
source as quote.com. They did that to get the
huge historical archive and a lot of foreign
exchanges. For some things you get data straight
from the exchanges but for stocks it is second
tier data. If I am right about this then a lot of
the data sucks. With quote.com there are a lot of
holes in data, volume is bad much of the time,
you will find 1 minute bars with more volume than
the hour they fall into, (never checked if that
is a data problem or qcharts problem) you will
find that the intraday data is scrubbed, not all
of it though, and the eod bars are not scrubbed.
I have a sub to qcharts and can pull up 390
minute bar charts and daily charts and get big
differences. I agree with the original poster,
TS7 data is not good for trading. That is the
reason I'm staying with TS2K, I can unbundle the
software/data/brokerage and pick the best of
each. Currently it's esignal/TS2k/IB.

I keep the quote.com account for the charting
package, it is the best charting by such a large
distance, great for preliminary checking of a
trading idea but I have to do all my testing and
trading on good data.

Max

=====
"The race may not always go to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but it is the way to bet"