Re: Let's ask exchanges to drop exchange fees. It's about time.

Hello marc,

Trading is a privilege, not a right.

Sure we're doing them a service, but they know we'll still do
them a service if we pay their fees, and put up with their occasional
"unexplainable" price shocks.

At least we have more than just
one exchange.  You could say, why not 1000 exchanges?  Well, now you
have 1000 exchanges no one will trade through because they are all
equally plagued with illiquidity and mediocrity.  So there are some
"monopoly annoyances" traders must put up with.

The exchanges know how far they can push us
before they begin to see a corresponding drop in activity (profits) through
their exchanges.

Go ahead and access the free quotes and depend on that.  Until the
exchanges figure it all out, don't give a
rat's ass if other traders are paying fees for their data.

-F

mm>   We are really doing the exchanges a service by trading through them, WE
mm> PAY THEM fees to do so daily, so why SHOULD we pay for data?????
mm> All of the FREE data that is given away on the internet, and hey, I get FREE
mm> quotes- in a sense from fidelity, etc. We get free quotes on the damn
mm> tickertape on the newschannels!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--
Best regards,
 Frank                            mailto:r5_6fpen8@xxxxxxxxxxxxx