Re: OT: Pop-up blockers

>Anyone know of a utility that can block the new breed of (possibly Flash?)
>pop-ups that appear on top of a webpage?

I find the Proxomitron indespensible for this.  It's not hard to set up
but takes a lot of tweaking to get working the way you want.  It's sort
of like the unix 'sed' stream editor for HTTP traffic.

htttp://www.proxomitron.info

The program can be downloaded from http://duke.usask.ca/~macphed/prox/

This isn't something to install without reading the documentation.
But I wouldn't run a browser without it these days.

-Alex